This is your friendly neighborhood Product Manager Mollie speaking — or writing, as the case may be. As you may have noticed, Ranker regularly gets updated with new fixes and features as part of a weekly ‘release cycle’. Because Ranker is growing so rapidly, we decided to start sharing the details of those releases with our Ranker.com users here, and give you a sneak peek of what we’re working on when we can.
If you ever have any questions or comments about anything you see here, or anything you see on the site, please shoot us a Tweet, post on our Facebook page, email us or contact me directly via Twitter. We love your feedback almost as much as we love your lists!
Our latest release is now up on Ranker.com. In this release, we did the following:
- Built a page to showcase the best Halloween lists on Ranker
- Gave users the ability to add a link back to any site, blog, social network, etc. on every list they build
- Implemented steps to significantly reduce amount of spam in comments on Ranker, and to keep users from getting an email when someone posts a spammy comment on their list
- Added the ability to agree or disagree with items on any Community List and the ability to easily vote on the items in any Community List
- Added links to our Twitter, Facebook and Digg profiles on the homepage
- Gave users the ability to add images to their lists and profiles by entering a URL, rather than having to upload the image from their desktop
Right now, we’re working on streamlining list-making, showcasing more real-time activity feeds across the site and generally making it easier for users to find the best lists in the categories they’re interested in.